ROLE: Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
LOCATION: Bexley, Kent
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time
HOURS: Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5.30pm
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Associate
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Junior Electrical Engineer
CJ Design Partnership Limited are an established multi-disciplined building services consultancy.
We provide a fully comprehensive, customised design and construction service with strong emphasis on imaginative design as well as effective contract management. All projects, regardless of size, are given the highest level of attention to ensure that all objectives and expectations are met, which in turn helps us to establish lasting business relationships with our clients. Our areas of expertise include retail, commercial, residential and healthcare sectors.
Part of the success of the Company is our belief in growing its knowledge to impart to clients and training its team to continually develop their skills base. We encourage a collaborative approach with new ideas always welcome, to develop our strategy and business.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer will be required to take on the technical design and integration of the mechanical systems for new and existing projects.
- Designing and managing individual projects, resolving technical matters and liaison with clients as and when required.
- Technical and supervisory guidance in Mechanical aspects of the Company.
- Liaising and developing the relationship with existing clients of the Company also endeavouring to secure new sources of work.
- Attending project meetings with clients and internal meetings, to discuss progress and policies.
The ideal candidate:
Experience – Technical Knowledge – Skills
- Member of CIBSE or looking towards membership together with working towards your Chartered Engineering status.
- Preferably at least 3 years’ experience and a degree in Mechanical engineering.
- Proficient in the use of Office 365, Cymap & TAS.
- A conscientious and focused outlook to your profession.
- The ability to think ‘outside the box’ in solving engineering and commercial problems.
- Highly motivated with a strong aptitude to learn and develop skills.
- A positive and friendly team approach.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Previous working experience and knowledge of retail, commercial, residential and healthcare sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to treating all employees and job applicants equally.
It is expected that roles and responsibilities will evolve over time as the individual grows within the business.